Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Logo Downloads and Help (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Logos (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2302)

igohigh 07-04-2004 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim, I know how people can be and it's a shame. Maybe because I never actually 'joined' in the forum before and I used my folk's CC for the actual purchase (I don't own a CC anymore, keeps me outta trouble :)

Anyway, here's the Logos I have so far. I use Poser, Bryce, Photoshop and other 3D apps. I'm a big time fan of RunTimeDNA and Traveler there has made some totally awsome mer-people and Syyd does a fantastic job in textures.

I have others but their not exactly appropriate for this forum I think, but when time permits I will deffinatly to more marine themes. I have a moray eel, bat ray, sea turtle, and others I have been dying to a project for as well as Judith at RDNA just posted some more great sea props.

Oh, I found I can get a good 'crystal etch' look by lowering the opacity of the image layer to about %65~%75 before flatening.

Here's Davey Jone's Locker

igohigh 07-04-2004 04:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And just monkeying around, here is a real Sea Monkey!

igohigh 07-04-2004 04:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And Mermanicus..

igohigh 07-04-2004 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And Organica...

More availible later.

igohigh 07-04-2004 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What the heck, I like the way this one looks and with Spiderman2 a big hit right now....

ESHIREY 07-04-2004 04:54 PM

DAMN they're sweet . I like all of them . :TU: :TU: :TU: :TU:

igohigh 07-05-2004 12:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope everyone had a great holiday!
Now that the fireworks are over I finished one more, actually it's a re-do of a tarot card I designed for The Bleak Journey (http://groups.msn.com/TheBleakJourney), a cyber world I joined a while back - and been negleting far too much lately..

Anyway Raven LaBell wants everyone to know that not all pirates are big, burly, hairy men; some are rough and rugged women too ;p
Hope you like her, for your sake...

igohigh 07-05-2004 12:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And one last non-marine theme for the comic enthusiasts.
And please take a moment from your holiday to thank a veteran, if not for them things may be a lot different...

Marian Nichols 07-05-2004 04:54 AM

I just do not think women pirates should do battle with sword and no breast plate, after all the men wears one and no self respecting woman pirate would wear less.:D

Mountainmaster 07-05-2004 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ah Poser... I love that program. Here's a comic hero render I made a while ago. Ready to go into your MAT2 folder :cool:

Wizwad 07-06-2004 04:31 PM

Wow - those are all beautiful.

I can't access the link Sandy posted though. Sandy, if I send you a pm with my e-mail addy would it be possible to mail me the .zip?

Also, Michael, is there a link to your LotR set? That one of Arwen is just stunning!

Also, Squier, would it be possible to post the ping for the Ice Age squirrel? A friend of mine is nuts about that critter, and she'd go mad over what you've done there! :)

Sorry about all the requests - I'm playing a little catch-up here! :)

Finally, to one and all:
:TU::TU::TU:

grape_jellyfish 07-06-2004 06:09 PM

Here you go Wiz, if this don't work just send me that pm. :)

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/4089b564...TL06ABrX7ne3Bs

Jav400 07-06-2004 06:20 PM

Wiz, PM sent. :)

spydrwebb 07-06-2004 08:03 PM

PSP guide

OK, here's the deal...

I've been kicking around this logo creation gig in PSP8 for quite awhile now but can't seem to get the hang of it. Has anyone come up with a streamlined process they are willing to share for creating logos in PSP?
I have my own project of roughly 24 logos to manipulate into MAT2 and could really use some direction.

Thank you kindly.

feldon34 07-06-2004 08:49 PM

I guess since all the PSP experts won't do it, I've gotta download PSP, a program I've never used, and create a tutorial for it. Life is hard. :)

wong01 07-06-2004 09:00 PM

Hi, feldon28. Hope your tutorial will be really detailed so that newbies can benefit from it.

igohigh 07-06-2004 11:13 PM

I'm a no expert on PSP but here's one way it can be done.

1) File->New Image and make sure the box near the bottom for 'Transparent' is checked and select your size, in this case 256x256.

2) Now create a new layer by clicking Layers->New Raster Layer (or by right clicking in the layer pallette and click New Raster Layer).

3) Now you have your base to resize your image and paste onto (keep it aprox 220x220 so you don't go off the edge of the crystal).

4) Now this is where I like to increase the Brightness and Contrast, more on the contrast and only a little on the brighness but every image will differ. Access these settings via Adjust->Brightness and Contrast->Brightness and Contrast.

5) Finally I also like to drop the Opacity of the image so it blends nicely with the crystal, I drop it just so the whole image (dark areas) can be seen through, you have to visualize a fish swimming behind the crystal. Lower the opacity by clicking Layers->Properties and adjust to about %62~%75 (also can be accessed by right clicking on the layer pallette and select Properties)

6) To save out the PNG click File->Save As and then scroll down and fing "Portable Network Graphic (*.png)', Do NOT select the first 'PNG' you see as the correct format is a little further down the list.

Hope that helps, like I said I don't do PSP much, mostly PSD.

igohigh 07-07-2004 02:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got 4 more done. A pair of Manta Ray and 3 scrubs of the sea. I'll try to do more sea life now but I have a pation for pirates, Arrr!
I don't want to hog the forum so I've zipped them up on my little free site, bandwidth is limited so if you start getting errors just let me know and I'll move them to another.
They're not zipped with paths so just unzip them to your own Marine Aquarium Time 2 folder.

http://home.earthlink.net/~igohigh4/png.zip

patscarr 07-07-2004 03:07 AM

Not that we are offended, but this is a "G" rated forum.
Very artistic though, glad I got it before it may be deleted. :)

Squier 07-07-2004 03:26 AM

Then the admin should delete it, as quick as possible.