Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [Feature] Etched Crystal (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5013)

ILWU13 08-11-2009 05:36 PM

Etched Crystal

Maybe I have not looked hard enough but I sure would love to be able to make my crystal have that white etched effect I had in the older versions. The current crystal has such dark colored and blocky numerals and letters. Is there a way to make the crystal have that faded etched effect I dont know about. Thanks for any help anybody can give me.
Other than that this screen saver rocks hard I let my computer run idle just to enjoy it. Once till my battery dired. hehehe :TU:
Thomas

Jim Sachs 08-11-2009 07:23 PM

I assume you are talking about the clock and calendar function of the crystal. Eventually, there will be other fonts and styles to choose from.

rem 08-26-2009 08:28 PM

logo in crystal

sorry for the hijack, but this is crystal related.

the logo i used for version 3 is the same one i created for the earlier version, but it looks to have shifted more to the left than the previous version, cutting off the left side. can this be adjusted? or do i just re-do the logo, accounting for the shift?

Jim Sachs 08-26-2009 09:44 PM

Eventually, I'll put in code to allow the repositioning and resizing of logos. But for now, the logo will have to be manually repositioned within its own frame. This just takes a few seconds in any paint program.

PaulsPics 08-27-2009 04:57 AM

Thats nice to know Jim, ANY paint Program ???
Many Moons ago when on Serene screen , first one with the logo, I asked about creating my own logo on the Crystal.
Morgan , I think . then posted some sample Blanks, and the comprehensivee instructions for processing it. At that point of time, and I do not know if there has been any changes, the required Program to use was Adobe Paint ? But thats exxpensive. I already had 'Paint Shop Pro' and still have, and the results would not materialise clearly and I have a half hearted end result. There were some forum members who 'offered' to create the Crystal logo for me. BUT pride took place and I said I would keep striving to do it myseelf!!!!!!!!
Needless to say I still have my rather feeble attempt but enjoy seeing it pass by on MA3 as it slews by.
Bottom line is that - years are passing - brain is slowing - and I am now asking again if those Kind Fellars are still up on the forum as I would love to now get a decent looking result. even if I can not say that I was the expert who created it.
Could anybody ofer assistance again please. I am now also posting this as I realise that you must have many new members who are not fully aware of this option in the past. Stone the Crows , even my typing is goinng down the drain these days, sorry.
with best regards for all these years Paul's Pics Downunder

feldon34 08-27-2009 05:52 AM

I'm still happy to produce logos for folks. It is very helpful if you can upload your high resolution source material here so I can go from there. I didn't realize the logo in MA3 was so far different from MA2.6. It would mean re-doing all the logos I created years back.