Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   No bubble sound- any ideas? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3506)

mara_mini 03-28-2006 08:21 PM

No bubble sound- any ideas?

Mac Mini G4, 1.5 GHz, 512MB, 80GB, 10.4.5. Installed, re-intalled both 2.06 (from the troubleshooting link at serenescree.com), deleted all prefs and copies, re-installed 2.6 a,d repeated procedure and 2.06 is currently installed. I know it is not the Mac because if I switch to desktop aquarium 3D (or any other saver with sound.)

Options are "sound on at all times", but also tried when active, switching to no osund and back.

feldon34 03-28-2006 10:36 PM

Welcome to the forums!

One of the Mac experts will have to weigh in on this. Can you confirm that you have a recent version of QuickTime installed?

mara_mini 03-29-2006 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon30
Welcome to the forums!

One of the Mac experts will have to weigh in on this. Can you confirm that you have a recent version of QuickTime installed?

Thanks!

Oh, sure. It's a brand new G4 Mac Mini with 10.4.5. Everything is the latest. Plus, 3D desktop aquarium which also has bubble sounds works fine, so I can rule out the machine as the problem. Marine Aquarium is vastly superior, but the lack of sound renders it unusable since I use the white noise as well as the saver for my toddler to sleep with.

Very frustrating.

JimO'Connor 03-30-2006 12:35 PM

Hi Mara_mini,

I'm unsure why you don't have sound. However, I've got a slightly changed version which I may need you to give a try. Please leave me a private message here with contact information so we can figure out what is up. I'll post a summary here if it is a general problem and the results can benefit everyone.

Tiny Turtle 03-30-2006 02:18 PM

..and just in case you're wondering how to send a private message on this forum (like I have done), here's how: Click on the blue "JimO'Connor" text right above that beautiful brown stetson of his and choose "send a private message to JimO'Connor" from the drop-down menu.

/Tinier than Mini

JimO'Connor 03-30-2006 02:27 PM

Tiny,

Thanks for filling that in!

Oh, the hat is one of those Aussie leather hats. I like this picture because it hides most of my features. :) That way I don't get mobbed by fans at the grocery store.

mara_mini 03-30-2006 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimO'Connor
Hi Mara_mini,

I'm unsure why you don't have sound. However, I've got a slightly changed version which I may need you to give a try. Please leave me a private message here with contact information so we can figure out what is up. I'll post a summary here if it is a general problem and the results can benefit everyone.

Okay. I got your message and replied with my email. I appreciate it because I think I stumped tech support. They asked me a bunch of info and what I'd tried on Monday and haven't heard back from them.

JimO'Connor 03-30-2006 05:32 PM

Got your e-mail. Tech support complimented you on the thoroughness of your communications with them.

JimO'Connor 04-07-2006 07:52 AM

I sent you a debug build which should help me figure out where the problem is. The results will show up in the console.log file.