Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Mac OS X (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 2.6 for iPhone and iPad (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5302)

Jim Sachs 04-18-2010 10:12 AM

So far, I've averaged $20 per day from it.

Ralph 04-18-2010 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 120579)

:TU: Being that a lot of people get a share of each sale would this indicate a better than expected return / sales? And to be only partially nosy.. does the artist get the biggest piece of the pie?

Jim Sachs 04-18-2010 02:54 PM

Apple handles all sales, and keeps 30% for doing it. The rest is split among the developers, in this case Order N Development, Prolific, and myself. Arktis also gets a small percentage for a mass-mailing that they are supposed to do. 99 cents doesn't go very far when split so many ways.

JohnWho 04-18-2010 06:53 PM

Best 99 cents I've spent on my iPod Touch.

Sure it's only virtual fish "swimming" in a virtual aquarium, with a pan and zoom capability, but you know what - that's exactly what I expected and it is very good, in my opinion.

Would I prefer all the features, including any new ones, that are or will be in MA3? Of course I would. Wouldn't we all? If that ever happens, it will be most excellent, and I'll surely come up with another $.99.

But for now, good job to all that worked on this, and thank you very much.

:TU:

mrtew 04-23-2010 04:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 120579)

Well I guess you were super late to the party when it came to aquarium apps, so late that cheap foreign rippoffs of both MA2 and MA3 were on the iTunes store for a long time that just played a looping movie of your work. You're familiar with them aren't you? I'm sure a lot of your potential market was poisoned by those. Also there are now better fish apps that MA2 or even MA3 for the virtual fish enthusiast that you're competing with these days. You've inspired a whole new market that you're going to have to work harder and faster to stay ahead of. You don't have a problem with working faster and harder do you??? ;-]

Jim Sachs 04-23-2010 10:19 AM

Yes, that was our German distributor that did the looping movie versions. We took over thier MA 2.6 "slot" with this real 3D version.

ant 05-02-2010 06:47 PM

Can you touch the fish and they react? :D

Jim Sachs 05-02-2010 10:37 PM

No.

JohnWho 05-03-2010 06:49 AM

But they do ignore you just like real ones!

:)

JimO'Connor 05-03-2010 02:32 PM

The iPad Marine Aquarium 2.6 is #8 on the paid iPad applications list, a couple days ago it was #13. Thanks to those of you buying it and helping us climb the ranks.

patscarr 05-04-2010 07:11 AM

I bought 2 copies, one for my brother and one for his girlfriend. They both have iPhones and love them. They both really like the MA 2.6 app but admit that they wont use it often because it'll just be wearing down the battery. They don't have much need for a screensaver on their mobile phones. I was able to play with it a little bit and it looks really cool.

JohnWho 05-04-2010 02:46 PM

When docked, they should be able to play music while watching MA 2.6 on their iPhone (or touch or iPad) and charge the battery all at the same time.

In fact, I'm doing that right now on my iPod Touch.

(Listening to Eric Burden and War, "Nights in White Satin".)

:TU:

Michael Babin 06-24-2010 10:50 AM

Marine Aquarium 2.6.1 for iPhone/iPad update now available in App Store.

http://bit.ly/cBWFUg

What's New in Version 2.6.1
• Allows you to control when your device sleeps while the aquarium is running
• Fish given a rating of zero stars will not be displayed, if possible
• Added Japanese localization

Jim Sachs 06-24-2010 11:07 AM

Also, you can now fill the tank with a single type of fish if you want. Just give it 5 stars, and the rest 0 stars. This was not possible before, as random fish would still be chosen automatically.

Wizwad 06-24-2010 01:20 PM

OK, that's it. As soon as they bring out the iPad v2, I'm going to get one!

JohnWho 06-24-2010 02:34 PM

Why wait, Wizwad -

buy MA 2.6 now.

You'll be able to tell people you have it.

Just don't tell them you can't run it!

Wizwad 06-24-2010 03:20 PM

Heh. I have MA2.6 kicking around here somewhere - once I can track it down again! But it's for PC, not Mac. But that iPad is really growing on me, so once the next gen screen has been included, and potentially a port for external expansion, then I'll be right there at the front of the line!

JohnWho 06-24-2010 03:46 PM

I know what you mean, Wizwad.

I really enjoy my iPod touch, especially when I am near free WiFi or at home.

I'd prefer carrying around an iPad (or similar sized touch-screen Windows PC) over a notebook system right now, but with what I can do on the iPod Touch and carry it around easily in my pocket, I'm not really needing something larger.

Of course, "needing" and "wanting" aren't often the same thing, are they?

If you've not seen one of the iPads in person, you really haven't seen one. Just holding it in your hand, if you listen closely, you'll hear it say "take me home". When I go into an Apple store, I crank up my iPod with earbuds so I can't hear it!

Wizwad 06-24-2010 05:06 PM

LOL - yes. The current iPad is trying to talk to me now, but I have my fingers in my ears. It makes typing a bit more interesting, though!

jleslie 06-25-2010 10:45 AM

I did buy this, although it would have been nice to actually choose the fish, still that said it looks very good on my iphone!
John