Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   PLEASE HELP ASAP (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3234)

fred@ 09-18-2005 12:52 PM

PLEASE HELP ASAP

Hi,
I copied a version of the Microsoft Media Center GA and I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get it to run on Xp. I am a lawyer and I have looked this up under the copy right laws. Nothing is being broken because the software was free to begin with. No extra money was being pai out to get this software. No legal action can be taken against someone who uses it on a no MC computer. Please dont just refer me to the prefious post on this topic. That didnt help. Please help. Thank you very much.

PS: I have already bought GA but I like the blue rocks better. Thats why I am trying to run this version.

feldon34 09-18-2005 12:54 PM

It will not work on XP.

fred@ 09-18-2005 01:09 PM

Yes, I figured that out. But you can make it work. This is what I want to know how to do.

sunny 09-18-2005 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon29
It will not work on XP.

If I remembered correctly, James posted a pic on the GA MCE version before.
I still can recall that he said he was running on WinXP. :confused:

FishyBusiness 09-18-2005 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fred@
I am a lawyer and I have looked this up under the copy right laws. Nothing is being broken because the software was free to begin with. No extra money was being pai out to get this software. No legal action can be taken against someone who uses it on a no MC computer.....

That all depends on how you get it to work. If you have to alter any kind of code to get it to work, then it would be against the copyright laws.

Marian Nichols 09-19-2005 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon29
It will not work on XP.

It runs on mine. In fact, as I was loading programs onto my new PC, it was one of them. I didn't know it untill I did a preview of it. I thought I had lost it. I didn't do anything special, just installed it, :eek:

fred@ 09-19-2005 08:03 AM

If you have the version that will run on normal Xp could you please pm me a link? I really would like to get this version seeing as how i like it better than the original. Thank you for your help

James 11-04-2005 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunny
If I remembered correctly, James posted a pic on the GA MCE version before.
I still can recall that he said he was running on WinXP. :confused:

Exactly, it runs on my XP, both Chinese and English version, because I did something about it myself, you can't say I crack it, but I'm halfly there, it maybe against the copyright so I put off the download link,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marian Nichols
It runs on mine. In fact, as I was loading programs onto my new PC, it was one of them. I didn't know it untill I did a preview of it. I thought I had lost it. I didn't do anything special, just installed it, :eek:

However, before I decide not to spread out my version, I did send a copy to Marian, that's why yours runs on WinXP Marian...it's my copy...:)

fred@ 11-20-2005 12:56 PM

Well, could you or someone else please send me a copy of the version that runs on windows? Please? I really like the blue rocks better than the normal ones.

Marian Nichols 11-20-2005 02:53 PM

The copy that James gave me was lost when I accidentally formatted my backup drive.

The version I am now using came with my new Dell running Windows Media Center. It is part of the media system and cannot be separated from it as a stand alone program, sorry.

James is the only one that now has the hacked version.

xstatic 02-17-2006 12:21 AM

Use an Hex editor to change the bytes 74 08 to EB 00 in WPGLDFSH.SCR at Offset 0xA4D9

fred@ 02-20-2006 11:11 PM

It still doesnt work. When I try and run it it just tells me that it has encountered an error and must clode. Please Help!