Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Mac OS X (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Sound And QuickTime (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3215)

JimO'Connor 08-30-2005 07:34 AM

Sound And QuickTime

A recent release of QuickTime has made the sound loop not loop very smoothly for Goldfish. Actually, it is rather bad. I just got a response from Apple about what to do about it, and I'll address the problem in September (I hope) along with adding some of the features I was working on this Spring.

Until then, there is a simple way to make the problem much less frequent. The Read Me refers to "SoundLengthLoop" and this is the key.

Open ~/Library/Preferences/ByHost/com.prolific.LifeGlobe.GoldfishAquarium.*.plist using TextEdit. The '*' part will vary from computer to computer.

At the bottom you'll see lines that look like this:

</dict>
</plist>

Just before these two lines add the following two lines:

<key>SoundLoopLength</key>
<integer>60</integer>

That tells the sound loop to internally lengthen itself to 60 seconds, so the hiccup will only occur once a minute instead of every 7 seconds.

Personally, I turn off the sound immediately upon installation. Gap or no gap, I prefer silence.

minezamac 10-03-2006 11:54 PM

Any movement?

Just before these two lines add the following two lines:

SoundLoopLength

That tells the sound loop to internally lengthen itself to 60 seconds, so the hiccup will only occur once a minute instead of every 7 seconds.

I have an intel mac and have tried the marine aquarium and it's sound is fine, is there no way to use the sound resource ile from it with goldfish? I purchased the app in April of 2005 and have never used it because unlike you it's sole purpose for me is being a psuedo fish tank, therefore I like the sound it is pleasent and relaxing when it doesn't hiccup every 7 or 60 seconds. I would be happy at this point to swap a keycode from goldfish for marine aquarium so I could at least use the app for something, it is so beautiful to watch it is just painful that I can't use it.

Still frustrated after many many months.

Minezamac

JimO'Connor 10-04-2006 07:37 AM

Please leave feedback at Order N Development with your e-mail address. I'm working on Intel Goldfish, and the sound code is currently under my attention.

EdwardT 08-03-2007 01:50 PM

I just purchased Goldfish Aquarium 2 and the sound issue is still there.
After a period of time, I get the hiccup where the sound stops momentarily.

Dual 1.25 GHz G4
OSX 10.4.10

JimO'Connor 08-03-2007 02:59 PM

Hi EdwardT,
I'm on vacation at the moment, but still watching the forum. If it isn't too much trouble please time the frequency of the gaps for me and leave feedback at the Order N Development web site.

JimO'Connor 09-02-2007 12:14 PM

Sound Looping

I'm going to issue an update to GA2 to mesh with Leopard. It will contain a fix for the sound looping problem which was introduced with a recent update from Apple.