Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 3 Comments & Appreciation (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4382)

Nicki 11-14-2009 06:28 AM

Good for you Jim . It's nice to take a break and do something different once in a while .

ESHIREY 11-14-2009 01:51 PM

Yes it is.

mrtew 11-16-2009 03:25 PM

Hi! Just another MA fan here from the good old days who just woke up and realized that there's a new version!!! Totally blown away. Thanks so much for taking it to the next level. I'm really pleased and very impressed. (and hoping for background colour adjustment for the Mac version soon!)

robnich 11-16-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 116766)
How gruesome - I think you've mis-read the whole SereneScreen thing :)

Anyway, real life has interfered with working on the Aquarium for a couple of days. My family is out of the country, and I'm remodeling the computer room. I got a pair of oak computer desks for $10 each at a garage sale last weekend. I'm hoping to get everything organized when I put it all back together. Should be a welcome change from the foot-high stack of papers I've been accumulating for the last few years.

Jim -

Before you organize everything (maybe I'm too late) consider this: one of the most liberating things I ever did was one day long ago, when I was still a practicing physician, I called my wife and told her I would not be home for dinner until I had cleaned out my large old-fashioned oak desk which was bulging with years of accumulated papers, journals, reprints and assorted junk. Bit by bit I analyzed and reviewed each piece, deciding whether or not to throw it out. A couple of hours later, I had found that I had thrown out EVERYTHING! There was nothing left and my desk was pristine. If you don't use or read something for many months or years, you probably never will. https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums...tor/smilie.gif

Cheers,

Bob N.

Jim Sachs 11-16-2009 06:43 PM

Good advice :)

rps 11-17-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jav400 (Post 116039)
:)

Play a game in the arcade or upload some photos in our member gallery.

How do you get access to the arcade? I get this message:

The administrator has disabled viewing of the arcade for your member group. If you feel this is a mistake please PM an administrator and let them know.

Thanks,
Ralph S.

Jim Sachs 11-19-2009 08:46 PM

Off-topic, but Just a quick update on my comment above regarding the remodeling of my computer room. My daughter and I had picked out a dark burnt-orange color for the walls, but after living with it for a couple of days now, I find the color nerve-jangling. I'm about to head over to Home Depot to get a different color.

Ralph 11-19-2009 09:42 PM

You need a nice Serene Screen blue... very soothing:D

Jim Sachs 11-19-2009 10:05 PM

Already got that in the living room and dining room. Looking for something different in the computer room. It's got to be something my mother will like, since she will eventually be moving into this house.

goosfancito 11-21-2009 05:43 PM

Why in version 3 change light?

hi, my friend, why in version 3, the light is more "clear", why i can´t turn off light? F1 and F3 have hight level of light, in beta v 2... i can turn off light Background and forward.

thank´s for you work and sorry for my expresion (i only read english but i can´t write it)

Hola, amigo, porque en la version 3 las luces son mas claras, porque no puedo apagarlas? F1 y F3 tienen niveles de luces muy claras, en la version beta 2... podía apagar las luces de atras y adelante.

gracias por tu trabajo y disculpas por mi expresion (solo leo el ingles pero no puedo escribirlo)

Gustavo.
Argentina.

Jean-Pierre Marro 11-22-2009 12:37 AM

Bonjour Monsieur Jim Sachs,
Je me suis inscrit sur le site «SereneScreen», depuis des années j'ai en ma possession plusieurs écran de veille;(Depuis le 1 ere que vous avez créé).
Ils sont tous très jolis mais ce dernier «Marine Aquarium 3» bien que pour l'instant il soit encore sous la forme «Beta» est une splendeur ... je remercie tous les participants a ce programme et j'espère avoir très vite la chance d'avoir le programme définitif :).
Bravo a monsieur Jim Sachs pour cette merveille.
J'espère être prévenu des évolutions futures,
Merci par avance.
Jean-Pierre

Jim Sachs 11-22-2009 01:02 AM

Not sure what the question is from Argentina, and I don't speak French at all. Do we have anybody in the Forum who can help with these two messages?

Rob62 11-22-2009 02:55 AM

Welcome goosfancito,

Marine Aquarium 3 - MA3 (what you are referring to as "version 3") is a work of art that is still in development - hence the "Beta" label and the feature to raise and/or lower the light to the point of blackness is not yet available.

Marine Aquarium 2.6 is not a Beta version - but a polished and finished product that is no longer in development, so you have more control over the lighting.

More features will be available within MA3 as the program evolves. Be patient and check back for updates.

Thank you goosfancito, for attempting to communicate in English. Lots of folks don't even bother to try and you did very well! :TU:

Rob

~ God Bless ALL ~

Nicki 11-22-2009 07:15 AM

I'm 99% sure that's Spanish , as my French is pretty good . ;)

jleslie 11-22-2009 08:17 AM

The Spanish is just the stuff in English written in Spanish.
Hence "gracias por tu trabajo" -> "Thank you for your work" vs. "you work" in the English bit.
John

feldon34 11-22-2009 08:40 AM

Gustavo is asking why the lights don't have the same level of control (totally black to totally light green) that they did in MA2. I think Rob answered sufficiently. ;)

And the Frenchman is just saying that MA3 is the best yet. :)

Nicki 11-22-2009 03:19 PM

Oh I hadn't seen the french message . Desole mes amis . I swear sometimes that if I turn sideways you can see daylight through my ears , lol .

cjmaddy 11-22-2009 06:07 PM

You're not alone!..... the Frenchman's message was not there when I saw your 767 post. :eek:

feldon34 11-22-2009 07:08 PM

Takes time to approve posts.

Virtual_Thew 12-02-2009 12:56 AM

MA3 is wonderful! Thank you! Thank you!

I must confess I didn't read all the posts so forgive the probable duplication - I have always loved the crystal. Can I assume that the final version will have the etched look as an option?