Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Marine Aquarium 3 Comments & Appreciation (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4382)

Jim Sachs 02-09-2009 02:50 PM

The only reason it's important is because MA2.6 had it. Users complain loudly when a new version is missing something a previous version had. A lot of executives liked to be able to just glance at the screen to see what time it was.

Rick Simon 02-09-2009 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110679)
Is the Registry Key the same in Vista?

Yes.

Jim Sachs 02-09-2009 03:06 PM

OK, I'll use the Registry Key to change the 24-hour time format, because that's pretty easy. But changing the start day of the week is more difficult, so that will have to wait. It will be quite some time before international versions of this program come out, because it's changing so rapidly.

cjmaddy 02-09-2009 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110682)
.... A lot of executives liked to be able to just glance at the screen to see what time it was.

Jim, I didn't mean remove the clock completely! - I meant don't waste time changing 12 hour to 24 hour, or changing what day the week starts, - it's just not that important. - The executives will be able to see what time it is, ... if they can read a clock! ;)

feldon34 02-09-2009 03:45 PM

I concur with figuring out how the date/time should be displayed by reading the user's locale settings.

It is only if that user goes out of their way to change things that will notice any difference.

tormod 02-09-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110679)
Is the Registry Key the same in Vista?

It's the same in Vista :D

tormod

Andrew Jenkins 02-09-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjmaddy (Post 110681)
I agree! ... So why do we need it? ... Can we have a vote?

A clock is a clock! ......... And this is supposed to be an Aquarium!

I have to say I agree with cjmaddy. For me it's about aquatics. I wouldn't dream of spoiling the scene with a clock. Personally I'm much more interested in other developments within MA3 and I would hate the clock to get in the way of those.

snorkler 02-09-2009 08:15 PM

We need live clams!!! If you want to know the time, buy a clock! What day it is, put a calendar next to your computer! Don't need music, time, calendar ...... NEED clams, anemones, an eel!! an octopus!!!!

iMark 02-10-2009 06:23 AM

hey, I know...perhaps Jim could strap a watch around one of the fish as he redoes them, and it could just swim along with the scrolling... same with a calendar, just pierce a dorsal fin and it could carry it along, or maybe some sort of crab could just carry it around... or perhaps the time could pop out of a clam as it opens...see...easy enough to get this ball rolling...... *wink

iMark 02-10-2009 06:30 AM

someone mentioned eels before....I viewed a "live" plasma aquarium tv program, you know, one of those things you put on when you aren't watching telly( I much prefer MA and DreamAquarium for that)....it had an eel inside those pink/maroonish striped things that the bubbles emerge from in MA3...that might be another optional home/hiding place for Jim's future fun critters, along with the cave...

Jim Sachs 02-10-2009 10:23 AM

Yes, that's one reason for the hollow barnacle shells. Critters will be able to hide in them.

clifdene 02-10-2009 10:52 AM

Hopefully we will all live long enough to see a critter.

cjmaddy 02-10-2009 11:06 AM

I am regrettably beginning to think that we won't! :sad:

It's rapidly approaching that point where I fear that the lunatics may have taken over the asylum... ;)

Jim Sachs 02-10-2009 12:49 PM

Sorry, I haven't been paying attention. Working on the clams, you know.

bullfrog 02-10-2009 01:44 PM

Clams.....clams...,.clams.....clams.....clams....: )

Jim Sachs 02-10-2009 02:30 PM

I'm still not quite clear on what Windows does with the 24-hour clock info.

I put in code to read the Registry settings for 12-hour/24-hour display mode. When I fired up MA3, the clock was in 24-hour mode. So I used the Control Panel / Regional and Language interface to change it to 12-hour mode. MA3 adjusted itself to that mode.

So it appears that the setting on my computer had always been 24-hour mode, which I can't understand, since the time readout in the lower-right corner of the screen has always been in 12-hour mode.

zeeric 02-10-2009 03:57 PM

hello even if it s not important, i disagree with some comments : this is NOT an aquarium but a screensaver, and having the hour is something good. at work or at home, it can help, rather than having a clock and otherthings on your desk :) and it s not because of marine 2.6 ;) but the most important is to have fun with our sceen saver ;) my only complaint, and i m surely the only one , it's rhe back which is too ... clean :) no problems for me with beta9a except it doesn't ask me for the key 2.6. surely because i have enterd it for a previous beta ...

Jim Sachs 02-10-2009 04:04 PM

It's a marine aquarium simulation. People can use it as a screensaver if they wish.

henemly 02-10-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snorkler (Post 110718)
octopus

Wow, that would be nice. But first:
http://i42.tinypic.com/iw6hae.gif

jroseone 02-10-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 110805)
It's a marine aquarium simulation. People can use it as a screensaver if they wish.

Word, I wish more people thought the actual aqarium details were more important than the crystal/clock. :nag: