Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Future: Freshwater Aquarium (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   will it be some kind of fish limit?? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2574)

sanjuro 08-25-2004 05:21 PM

will it be some kind of fish limit??

IS freshwater screen will have some kind of fish limit like marine one???

cause if its like that they will be some kind of boring to see
fish like tetra neon, cardinal...... swimming alone

Or it will be differrent???

feldon34 08-25-2004 06:06 PM

I am sure there will be a limit. Of course having a dozen cardinal tetras (more appealing than neons) moving in a school would be awesome, but the big Angelfishes with all those flowing fins are too big to have more than 5. Maybe each fish will be 'awarded' a certain number of 'size' points and the Aquarium can accomodate up to X number of points. Like an Angelfish is 3 points where a Cardinal Tetra is 1 point and you can have up to 15 points.

sanjuro 08-26-2004 06:15 PM

it would be cool :)

Vish 08-26-2004 06:46 PM

wel !!!

To be honest, I want to forget about this now as I know its not coming any soon...

I ask myself why do I even come to the forum at times...The 3D background is not coming any soon, the critter pack is not coming any soon the fresh water is not coming any soon....but then once a while its ok I guess...

Ralph 08-26-2004 08:58 PM

We all live in hope. Alas, sometimes the best of intentions are not enough.
The SS was a masterpiece for its time. To chase after the impossible with the 3D background was in my opinion folly.
I am sure most of us would have been more than happy with the original plan of creature packs and small schooling fish. A fresh water version......
Surely the existing corel background could be tweaked without having to go to this mysterious (read impossible) 3D.

sanjuro 08-27-2004 12:51 PM

so long...........the finishing
I guest it will be a new masterpiece when the freshwater
will release

feldon34 08-27-2004 01:57 PM

Re: wel !!!

Quote:

Originally posted by Vish
To be honest, I want to forget about this now as I know its not coming any soon...

I ask myself why do I even come to the forum at times...

It is my job as site administrator to find a focus for the forum to keep people interested and to keep coming back. That is why I intend to add a Photography section as well as a Hardware/Software section. If you have ideas about how the forum can be improved, please let me know.

feldon34 08-27-2004 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ralph
Surely the existing corel background could be tweaked without having to go to this mysterious (read impossible) 3D.
The 3D background is hardly impossible. In April of 2003, I saw the early stage of the Freshwater Aquarium's 3D background. It had gravel with perspective, it had the incredible treasure chest which opened and closed with perfect realism. Each set of bubbles that came out were different sizes and never looked exactly the same. They 'wiggled' as bubbles do when they are trying to make their way through the water.

Jim then fired up Lightwave and showed me the rocks he had created for the Freshwater Aquarium. They looked INCREDIBLE. The same basic appearance as the ones in Goldfish, but they looked like you could reach in and grab them. And they worked perfectly in the 3D background. The camera panned left-to-right and the rocks changed in perspective correctly.

True, the anemone will be much more difficult, but there is precedent to believe that the 3D background is certainly possible.

From what Jim has been telling us, the current hangup is that his method of using separate body parts (side fins, bottom fins, eyeballs, and main body) will not work for a fish like the Angelfish, so he needs to make a unified body. But the animation and import/export of the models is the "impossible" part here.

sanjuro 08-30-2004 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by feldon28 If you have ideas about how the forum can be improved, please let me know .
improved?? you mean makes people come back??
try a litle contest is work on some forum:TU:

Marian Nichols 08-30-2004 06:11 PM

Contest? Tried that. I won. Everybody left.
I was told I couldn’t play anymore.
:D

Yodelking 08-31-2004 07:51 AM

Re: wel !!!

Quote:

Originally posted by Vish
I ask myself why do I even come to the forum at times...The 3D background is not coming any soon, the critter pack is not coming any soon the fresh water is not coming any soon....but then once a while its ok I guess...
You all probably already have forgotten that Jim released an update with 5 new fish quite recently. All mails of "WHEEEN" surely isn't speeding up the process. Jim won't release anything, until he's satisfied with it.

Quick Death 08-31-2004 04:11 PM

Morgan --

Jim, who never gives out dates even said that despite your preview (over a year ago), we are quite a ways from a release date. I would suspect atleast another year. Jim???

Jim Sachs 08-31-2004 06:06 PM

At least. Unless the money runs out. Then maybe sooner. Wouldn't be as good, though.

o7mike 09-21-2004 02:03 AM

Take your time Jim, I'm looking forward to it.