Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   *** Marine Aquarium for iPhone & iPad *** (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5298)

F34R 01-10-2013 04:35 PM

From the settings, to the actual performance... they probably need to do a better job, and/or price it for .99.

Can you detail what aspect the current iOS devices, iphone 4s, 5, iPad (A5X/A6X) can't handle if ported properly?

feldon34 01-10-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F34R (Post 145546)
From the settings, to the actual performance... they probably need to do a better job, and/or price it for .99.

Can you detail what aspect the current iOS devices, iphone 4s, 5, iPad (A5X/A6X) can't handle if ported properly?

Marine Aquarium 3's background.

F34R 01-10-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon34 (Post 145552)
Marine Aquarium 3's background.

What about the background isn't able to be ported over and run on the iPad 3(A5X), 4(A6X), iPhone 5 (A6)?

What has kept the dev team from updating the current app to at least give someone the option to select, beyond giving stars, which fish will show, and how many?

Back to 2.6 though... certainly it could use an update that wouldn't have any performance problems on newer devices beyond the iPhone 4, and iPad 2.

Jim Sachs 01-10-2013 07:33 PM

Spending additional development money on v2.6 does not seem to lead to additional sales.

The latest iDevices probably can handle v3.2, and Jim O'Connor's team are looking into it.

F34R 01-11-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 145558)
Spending additional development money on v2.6 does not seem to lead to additional sales.

The latest iDevices probably can handle v3.2, and Jim O'Connor's team are looking into it.

Maybe, maybe not, but updates have a habit of retaining customers for future products. ;) With 2.6 on the app store, the update they pushed supported the retina display, but didn't go into adding different settings, which is what some of the complaints have been presented about it. That's probably a reason people won't buy it when they see it. Well, it's not been updated in two years, and goes for a relatively high price. Why would interested people buy it? They see reviews and see the app doesn't have, and most likely ever get, features they'd want. Sales don't increase that way. Lack of marketing doesn't help either.

That's why there are updates to apps, that don't add to the price for future buyers, or additional costs for upgrading already purchased products. I mean, look at what your updates have done. If it wasn't helping sales, and it's adding development time/costs, would you still be doing it?

Jim Sachs 01-11-2013 10:51 PM

The last few updates have had virtually no impact on sales, but at least with the PC versions, I don't have to pay development cost (there's a little, since Prolific has to add some installer stuff).

The iOS versions are quite expensive, since I don't do the translations myself. Sales have been flat in good times, bad times, updates, no updates. It brings in about $60 per day, which gets split 4 ways. It pays for my lunch at Wendy's, but not much else.

Since the Acrodea guys paid their own development costs, I've let them run with whatever pricing or marketing scheme they like for the Android version, and I'll be interested in watching the results.

F34R 01-11-2013 11:39 PM

Thanks for the replies Jim. I do appreciate your time.

SSTSylvain 04-20-2016 02:18 AM

Did it will be compatible with the iPad Pro 9.7" and 12.9" will be compatible?

"iPad Pro 12.9 inch" and "iPad Pro 9.7 inch" compatible ?

For the moment, i have an iPad Mini 2 Retina.

Jim Sachs 04-21-2016 10:09 PM

The iPhone/iPad version is still the rather primitive v2.6. We're negotiating with Jim O'Connor to bring v3.3 over to those devices.

F34R 05-14-2016 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSTSylvain (Post 157085)
"iPad Pro 12.9 inch" and "iPad Pro 9.7 inch" compatible ?

For the moment, i have an iPad Mini 2 Retina.

I works just fine in portrait mode for iPad Air 2. I'll run and grab Pro 9.7" and verify if need be, but surely it should run just fine.

I'd like to see 3.3 come on over, and landscape mode be available as well.

Jim, if you feel up to it, and have the info, PM me the costs for porting 3.3 over to iOS and having it run in landscape or portrait mode. I'll see what I can do to help.

Jim Sachs 05-14-2016 06:18 PM

For the past few days, I've been studying Unity3D - a computer 'language' which allows porting to virtually any device. If all goes well (and I'm not too old to learn anything new), then I'll rewrite the whole program in Unity. This would solve many problems, as the Unity Physics and Collision engines would cure pass-throughs. I'd also be able to run it on Oculus Rift and other Virtual Reality devices.

drfish 05-16-2016 04:07 AM

That would be a a HUGE step. :eek:

patscarr 05-18-2016 08:06 AM

Wow!

Jim Sachs 05-18-2016 03:10 PM

Unity3D is hard. You also have to learn C#.

SSTSylvain 05-18-2016 11:17 PM

Quote:

For the past few days, I've been studying Unity3D - a computer 'language' which allows porting to virtually any device. If all goes well (and I'm not too old to learn anything new), then I'll rewrite the whole program in Unity. This would solve many problems, as the Unity Physics and Collision engines would cure pass-throughs. I'd also be able to run it on Oculus Rift and other Virtual Reality devices.
That it will be great, ... :-)

Are you able to do "Live WallPaper", inside apple ios version. Like the Android version? "Live WallPaper" option = moving backgroud wallpaper, with icons in foreground.

feldon34 05-19-2016 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSTSylvain (Post 157108)
That it will be great, ... :-)

Are you able to do "Live WallPaper", inside apple ios version. Like the Android version? "Live WallPaper" option = moving backgroud wallpaper, with icons in foreground.

Apple does not allow applications to run in the background like this.

Ralph 05-19-2016 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 157106)
Unity3D is hard. You also have to learn C#.

You have had a couple of days before making the announcement, then 5 more.. We are ready to start testing now...:D

Ralph 05-19-2016 06:12 AM

I notice a new look on quoted messages.. something new.. or, am I slow to notice..

feldon34 05-19-2016 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ralph (Post 157111)
I notice a new look on quoted messages.. something new.. or, am I slow to notice..

It was bothering me how signatures and quotes looked so similar. Is it better? Worse?

drfish 05-19-2016 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon34 (Post 157112)
It was bothering me how signatures and quotes looked so similar. Is it better? Worse?

I like it. :TU: