Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Aquarium Marine 3.2 (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17012)

Jim Sachs 01-12-2014 04:34 PM

Thanks, guys - those observations help.

Ralph 01-12-2014 04:39 PM

If.. I start in windowed mode the dusters are active.. shrinking as fish approach. When I go to full screen (right click mouse) the dusters are "really" slow to respond to fish.. almost looks like they are static.
When I have my settings to open in none window mode (full screen on both monitors) the dusters appear frozen and do not move. A right click > select window will bring it back on to my main monitor.. But the dusters remain frozen.

patscarr 01-12-2014 07:24 PM

As long as you got the code open, Jim, don't forget this conversation. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by patscarr (Post 143095)
How about changing the star fish settings to default to last position?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 143112)
Ok.

:TU:

Jav400 01-12-2014 08:08 PM

Well that's a nice birthday present. Thanks Jim!!!

Jean-Pierre Marro 01-12-2014 11:27 PM

Hello Jim,
Thank you for this attractive Christmas present, feather dusters are very attractive.
Everything walks(works) very well on my computers (Windows vista).
Good day and always hopes of more novelties in " Aquarium Marine 3 " for year 2014.

Surferminn 01-13-2014 02:22 AM

Everything works well on my single screen monitor. Couple more feather dusters are nice and they don't retract to all the fishes swimming nearby, almost as if they are on their own cycle but Harvey is still the star of the tank imo. Thanks Jim.

engelens 01-13-2014 02:27 AM

Beautiful

Hello Jim, Thank you for this beautiful addition! It makes the background really come alive! One remark, though, maybe it is more realistic if the retracting speeds would vary. Now when a fish approaches, all three go into their tube at the same speed, which makes it look a bit artificial. In my tank, they 'zipped' in instantly (although I like your animation better). But this is just a minor remark, it is beautiful!

cjmaddy 01-13-2014 06:08 AM

I've just discovered this:-

If I select, 'Display nothing on this monitor', for Monitor 2, then go into Windowed mode from monitor 1 and extend the window to cover both monitors, the featherdusters then wave in the current and retract as intended. Even though they are then showing on monitor 2..... Strange!

Returning to, 'Display screen saver on this monitor', for Monitor 2, and the featherdusters become static once again. (In a window, or not in a window.)

abwolfson 01-13-2014 07:40 AM

Just got the chance to try this version. The program does not crash on 2 monitors, however none of the feather dusters move or retract when a fish swims by. They look great.

Alan

Jav400 01-13-2014 07:50 AM

For what it's worth Jim, engelens is correct in his previous post. Feather dusters can "retract" at an alarming rate. Almost like a magicians "now you see it now you don't thing".

Since you are now going to have more than one, once you get the action correct on this new version, you might want to create a random retraction number for each one. Or maybe the closer a fish swims to it, the faster it goes in type scenario. I had first figured that when you got to the "darting" stage of the fish that it might be implemented then so that if a fish darts by a feather duster it would very quickly disappear.

Jim Sachs 01-13-2014 11:40 AM

Retraction speed - yes, I can vary them.

No movement on second monitor - I've isolated the problem and am working on it. Multiple-monitor setups are always trouble. Most people think that a second monitor would be easy, just a second viewport. But an entirely new 'world' has to be created for each view - all new 3D objects and programming. Then the timing has to be coordinated so that everything that happens in the second world approximates what happens in the first.

Edit - Let's try this one:

http://www.fish-byte.com/MA33gBeta.scr

harris 01-13-2014 01:19 PM

Jim,
I also noticed the similar/same retraction speed between the three, but thought you had enough to work on so I reluctantly keep silent. BUT, now that the cats out of the bag and you are enjoying a MA3 renaissance I would kindly like to remind you of another feature you recently said you would add (I'm ducking for cover :)). The on/off setting to keep Harvey hidden inside his cave. That way two versions of MA3 is not needed when someone is in a fish only mood.

Thanks for the new additions, it's good to see MA3 back in the spot light.

Jim Sachs 01-13-2014 01:57 PM

Oh, yeah - the Moray on/off switch. Will do.

harris 01-13-2014 02:06 PM

Thank you. :TU:

Time Crystal Pilot 01-13-2014 02:31 PM

In full screen mode, everything seems fine. Feather dusters still become static if going from multiscreen to windowed mode (i.e., pressing 'F').

fly911 01-13-2014 02:34 PM

Freddy Prinze: Looooking Guuuud....

Or...
As Slammin' Sammy Sosa would say: "It looks Berry, Berry good to me".
:TU:

abwolfson 01-13-2014 02:40 PM

It's working very well in dual monitor for me now. Great job.

Alan

Ralph 01-13-2014 03:58 PM

Well you fixed most of it.. Starting in windowed mode and going full screen the dusters work perfect. Speed is good and they close / open individually.:TU:
But.. there is a real inconsistency.
Open in windowed mode.. drag window into second screen. Works.
Open in windowed mode > go full screen. Works.
Open in windowed mode > go full screen > go windowed.. rascals are frozen.
Change settings to start full screen.. dusters work.. > go windowed and they freeze. However.. toggling back and forth windowed / full screen and the dusters work each time one is in full screen and not when in windowed mode.

Hope this makes sense to you Jim.. I can see where this would be something frustrating to resolve.. Good luck:)

cjmaddy 01-13-2014 04:00 PM

With MA33cBeta.....

On the second monitor the featherdusters now wave in the current and retract when a fish is close.

But, - in Windowed mode the featherdusters are still static, - unless 'Display nothing on this monitor', is first selected for Monitor 2,

Jim Sachs 01-13-2014 06:11 PM

I think I've fixed the Featherduster-freeze problem:

http://www.fish-byte.com/MA33gBeta.scr