Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   where is Marine Aquairum 3 Beta build.0003? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4511)

StuDisney 10-20-2008 12:09 AM

where is Marine Aquairum 3 Beta build.0003?

geting mesage that "beta has expired", where is build.0003?:loco:

Ingogringo 10-20-2008 12:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hopefully build 3 will be out in a couple of days.

Highlander 10-20-2008 12:45 AM

the same here

cjmaddy 10-20-2008 02:54 AM

That's the only down-side of not living in the US. ... Some haven't got up yet! - It's still yesterday over there!!! :)

...... They even drive on the wrong side of the road! ;)

(Thinks! :erm:.... So do Sweden and Belgium! :loco:) ............... :D

Ingogringo 10-20-2008 03:38 AM

I thought we were driving on the right side!

cjmaddy 10-20-2008 04:04 AM

That's right! - The right side, is the wrong side. - The left side is the right side! ;) ... (Isn't the English language wonderful.) :D

.......... Come on, Jim, - we're getting bored, where's the next build? :)

tshooi 10-20-2008 04:36 AM

temporary change the date can still using the screensaver

pvernam 10-20-2008 07:11 AM

Jim: Can the expiration for future betas be set for a bit more than a week (maybe even two weeks) so there's a little overlap with the next Beta? That way we can continue to use your *WONDERFUL* toy without having to set the date back (which I'd really prefer to not do, since that messes up the time stamps in the event logs (and all my systems sync their date/time with Microsoft's time server on reboot anyway)).

Jav400 10-20-2008 07:40 AM

I'm hoping that maybe the next one will be the last beta needed to be released, or at least extremly close to it. Basically it depends on what bugs are found and how long it takes Jim to squash them. Part of that is the reporting method for the bugs found and if they are immediately repeatable. If so, then it's easier for Jim to find the cause in the code and repair it, if not it takes longer.

I don't think originally Jim expected the forum Beta tests to last much longer than a month or so. Generally speaking, the Alpha testers do a great job getting things to this point and finding 95 percent+ of the bugs that are there with the wide range of testing equipment our Alpha people have.

Mostly the Beta is for a bigger range of various equipment/software testing after the Alpha's are done to find any problems that way. The final call is of course up too Jim, but I don't expect there to be that many more Beta's needed unless some unforseen monster problem rears it's ugly head. :)

feldon34 10-20-2008 11:54 AM

I have updated the announcement thread to clearly indicate that Beta 2 is expired. I will update it when Beta 3 or some other solution is found. Thanks all for participating in the beta!

Jim Sachs 10-20-2008 01:11 PM

Later today.

Rod Stiles 10-20-2008 06:13 PM

I am in Sydney Australia and we are 18 hours ahead of the US West coast. My Beta 2 expired 35 hours ago.

Jim Sachs 10-20-2008 06:14 PM

Go get it!

StuDisney 10-20-2008 06:53 PM

Just download,installed & running:cool:

Surferminn 10-20-2008 11:54 PM

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I downloaded it from the locked thread, beta 3, a couple of times, extracted it, but each time I try to run it, it pops up "This Beta Test has expired"?! edit - the date of this beta3 last modified is 10/13/08 ??

Jim Sachs 10-21-2008 01:02 AM

Maybe the new one is not over-writing the old one. You could try deleting the old copy manually, then extract the new Zip file.

Ingogringo 10-21-2008 02:04 AM

Well you have to reinstall it, that is put the MA3Beta.scr in C:/WINDOWS/system32/ and overwrite the previous MA3Beta.scr. The directory above is the common one but it could be in another directory. Then you have to search for it. You have to do the same procedure on the 27th of October with build 4 when this version has expired.

Surferminn 10-21-2008 10:06 AM

Thanks. I'm back in.
Jim - Deleting all the existing betas from my desktop was the first thing I did and it didn't work, we think alike there.
Ingogringo - I didn't install beta 1 or 2, just ran them from my desktop so I was going to use your suggestion last if nothing else worked.

What I did was call up Ccleaner which is a cleaning software, selected Registry, and selected MUI Cache and it came up with lots of MA3 Beta stuff and I deleted all of them and then downloaded and this time it really downloaded it -- bars running across the screen. Before, there were no bars down running so it wasn't really downloading but apparently pointed to the old stuff already there probably because the names were the same. Not a very smart computer since it didn't look at the properties date. Thanks for the help, guys.

Jim Sachs 10-21-2008 10:39 AM

So there was no message like "A file by that name already exists. Do you want to replace it?"

Surferminn 10-21-2008 12:22 PM

Nope. Just my own thinking about the matter.