Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bringing old crystal from from 2 into 3 (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5032)

M. Sherwood 08-28-2009 04:30 PM

Bringing old crystal from from 2 into 3

I understand you can bring the old crystal, with time clock, calendar and logo into Version 3. Can you let me know how to do that?

Jim Sachs 08-29-2009 12:09 AM

Well, you can't really bring over the old one, but MA3 has its own. Just turn it on in Settings.

M. Sherwood 09-08-2009 10:01 AM

The old cystal looks better

I know there is a new crystal in Beta 3, I just really liked the old one - it looked like an actual crystal and with the customization of the logo, it was very cool. The new one looks a little too neon-green. Will we be able to get the old one back again, or can it be imported from 2 into 3?

feldon34 09-08-2009 10:15 AM

The crystal graphic is the same, it was photographed at a higher quality and then rebuilt from the same piece of quartz.
You can add PNG customized logos even easier than before.
The only thing missing is the "etched look" date/time which is forthcoming. It will be an alternative to the "neon green" date/time.

What else do you think it is missing?

M. Sherwood 09-08-2009 12:26 PM

The format (or font, for lack of a better description) for the clock and calendar is different, in addition to the neon green. The etched look and white lettering of the crystal is great and I'm glad to hear its coming back! I've had so may comments from clients that just love it, and think its especially cool that the firm logo can be in the tank as well! Keep up the great work.

Jim Sachs 09-08-2009 01:58 PM

When I get some time, I'll be adding a section that will allow the user to choose from many different colors for the digital clock/calendar, and well as several different face styles for the analog clock.

rctneil 09-08-2009 04:28 PM

When you make them, Is there a chance that you could make matching styles for each item. So you could set them to a predefined "Etched" setting and the Analog clock, digital clock and calendar would all take on that style. It would amke the crystal just more consistent.

For this, a checkbox could be added in the settings window labelled "Make Consistent" then whatever style is chosen will be consistent accross all the items. This would also allow the user to choose different syles or themes per item if they so wish!

Dale 09-08-2009 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Sherwood (Post 115474)
..... in addition to the neon green. ....

I don't see any obvious "neon green" on the crystal (or logos) on any of my 6 systems (3 different OS) that are running MA3.

Could you describe where you see that, please?

Jim Sachs 09-08-2009 08:47 PM

To me, it's a fairly tasteful blue, but each person sees it differently, I guess.

Wizwad 09-09-2009 06:02 AM

Could I add a suggestion for when you revisit the crystal? Could you put in a fade between displays?

I love *what* the crystal displays as it is now, but the thing which keeps jerking my attention is the sudden flip from one aspect to the next (e.g. from image to time). It's the one item which disturbs my serenity when I'm doing stuff at home and have the screensaver running.

:o

Jim Sachs 09-09-2009 08:41 AM

Yes, it's planned.

henemly 09-09-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Sherwood (Post 115460)
I know there is a new crystal in Beta 3, I just really liked the old one - it looked like an actual crystal and with the customization of the logo, it was very cool.

Me too. I especially like v2.6's "quite a bit bigger" one.
Running the same resolution on both programs, grayscaled:

http://i31.tinypic.com/344wqjb.gif

Jim Sachs 09-09-2009 12:39 PM

Well, then stick with 2.6.

Lyonness 09-17-2009 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feldon33 (Post 115464)
The crystal graphic is the same, it was photographed at a higher quality and then rebuilt from the same piece of quartz.
You can add PNG customized logos even easier than before.
The only thing missing is the "etched look" date/time which is forthcoming. It will be an alternative to the "neon green" date/time.

What else do you think it is missing?

I just upgraded from 2.6 to 3. And I love it. But I do miss having my logo "etched" into the crystal. I saw that you mentioned that the etched look will be coming for the date and time. Will it also be possible to have your own logos in the etched look as well?

Jim Sachs 09-18-2009 09:14 AM

That's quite a bit of programming. I'd rather stick to the policy of what you see is what you get. In other words, the image in the crystal is exactly what you have created. The etched look for the clock/calendar will be a whole separate set of images, and not created in programming from the existing set. Much more control and detail can be achieved this way.

feldon34 09-18-2009 10:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyonness (Post 115645)
I just upgraded from 2.6 to 3. And I love it. But I do miss having my logo "etched" into the crystal. I saw that you mentioned that the etched look will be coming for the date and time. Will it also be possible to have your own logos in the etched look as well?

I'm sorry I don't understand what you mean by not having an etched logo in MA3?

I just took this screenshot from MA3:
Attachment 8275

Maybe you are thinking of the really awful looking BMP logos which MA2 would add a shadow effect to?
Attachment 8276

If you have a logo you'd like made, please upload the image here as an attachment and I'll see what I can do.

flyingfish 09-22-2009 08:29 PM

Hi,

Where do I find out how to do a logo for the crystal in 3. I tried to bring over one from 2.6 but it didn't work out.

feldon34 09-22-2009 09:30 PM

They can be made in Photoshop or Paintshop Pro as well as really any other application that can export transparent PNGs.

I wrote a tutorial for Photoshop:
https://www.feldoncentral.com/Sachs/malogo/guide/

If you post your artwork here in an attachment, I might have time to convert it for you. Just click "Quote" to bring up the advanced editor, scroll down to Attachments, click Manage Attachments, and pick your graphic(s) there.

RixsterSFL 10-14-2009 02:13 PM

Etched Date / Time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 115479)
To me, it's a fairly tasteful blue, but each person sees it differently, I guess.

Any ETA as to when the etch date and time will be added. I also see the "blue" characters and truly like the etch characters so much better.

Thanks!

Rick

henemly 10-14-2009 03:44 PM

Think I read somewhere it will be in 2011.