Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 2 for Windows Archive (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   serenescreen on tv (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=663)

slofland 03-03-2002 03:19 PM

serenescreen on tv

I was watching "Nearly Famous: Las Vegas Showgirls" and in one of the scenes there was a computer in the backrground running the screen saver!

patscarr 02-08-2005 09:48 PM

Add Nearly Famous: Las Vegas Showgirls to the "As seen on..." list.

Jim Sachs 02-08-2005 10:34 PM

Might be pretty hard to get a clip of this.

Schnaaps 02-14-2005 06:30 PM

WEB UPDATE

So, we finally got around to adding the as seen on section to www.serenescreen.com.

I have added a link here so you can see our list. If we are missing anything please let me know.

http://www.serenescreen.com/appearances/index.php

-Jim

patscarr 02-14-2005 07:11 PM

One mistake: For "Extreme Makeover - Home Edition" it says "Screen Shot Available," but when you click on it, there is no screen shot.

But everything else looks fantastic! Great job! We've all got to try and hunt down more screen shots for the ones we don't have.

One more thing, isn't it funny how the screen saver comes on from bottom to top in Bridget Jones 2? It doesn't do that on my system. They must have done some special programming for it to do that, right?

Schnaaps 02-18-2005 06:47 PM

Hello Pat,

Extreme Makeover link is fixed. The BJ2 screenshots, it is entirely possible that some web buy put the photos in the wrong order, but since I have seen the movie I can't actually verify that said web guy made any mistake...

However, we have three new shows coming soon which are posted on this link
http://www.serenescreen.com/appearances/index.php

also, if you haven't seen them yet.. my personal favorite is the STEM Magazine link, which now has some screenshots.

Enigma 02-10-2006 02:57 PM

Did anyone catch the shots of MA on "My Name is Earl" last night? They showed a couple of shots of Earl and his brother playing with a stolen notebook. NBC took Jim's program and mutilated it. The coral background and a couple of the fish were right, but they stuck a tacky treasure chest and some huge fake looking fish in with it. All I could think of was Jim's worst nightmare of someone defacing his work or art.

patscarr 02-10-2006 10:01 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are some screen shots from it. Enigma is right, it is MA but it looks terrible with that treasure chest in it.

Jav400 02-10-2006 10:09 PM

Sheesh, that does look terrible. :(

Enigma 02-10-2006 11:13 PM

Thanks for the screen caps Pat. I deleted the tivo recording before I thought to take any.

Jim Sachs 02-11-2006 01:03 AM

I didn't see the "Earl" episode, but as usual they didn't ask me. One film which DID ask is the new Harrison Ford thriller "Firewall". Pretty good movie (we saw it today) and they used the Aquarium in two scenes.

Tiny Turtle 02-11-2006 03:53 PM

Can they mess with your work like that, Jim? Don't you retain some right to not have it altered?

/Tiny China

patscarr 02-11-2006 06:59 PM

Firewall asked for your permission Jim? That's so cool. Did you get a credit at the end?

Jim Sachs 02-11-2006 08:29 PM

Tiny - No, they can't legally mess with my work, but I have no desire to spend my life in court.

Pat - I guess I should have stayed through the credits to see if SereneScreen was mentioned.

Tiny Turtle 02-12-2006 07:11 AM

Ok, still looks horrendous though.

klyntun 02-14-2006 02:01 PM

I know there is another thread for MA sightings, but I can't remember its title. Anyway, MA appears breifly in the movie Firewall, which was an okay movie but no real surprises.

Tiny Turtle 02-14-2006 03:08 PM

Clint,
Check out post #11 in this thread by Jim... :)

klyntun 02-14-2006 04:48 PM

Oops! :silent:

edaniels 02-15-2006 01:22 AM

I saw the "Earl" episode, but I was laughing too hard to even notice that it was Jim's screensaver... I mean, it was hilarious. They're driving down the highway with the screensaver running on a laptop... and when their favorite fish swims out of sight, Earl gets upset, forgets he's driving, and focuses only on the laptop... he tries to coax the little fish back out, and ends up crashing into a pole. I call that classic comedy... and flattering to these screensavers!

But they didn't have to mangle Jim's for the joke.

patscarr 02-16-2006 08:23 AM

Yeah, even funnier was when the screen saver first came on they were all surprised and excited and then when it disappeared they couldn't figure out how to get it back so they just left the laptop on and open hoping it would miraculously come back, which of course it did. :)

I just took some screenshots from "Firewall" and made them into a little .gif file but it's not so little after all. I just sent it to Morgan hoping he could post it on the forum for me or edit it and fix it up and then post it. Thanks a bunch Morg. :TU: