Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Future: Freshwater Aquarium (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   WHEN ? (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1016)

Socrates 09-06-2002 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
An optional treasure chest.

Yes. :TU:

IXNAY 09-07-2002 06:47 AM

Cool, one with bubbles?

Jim Sachs 09-07-2002 10:17 AM

Yes.

patscarr 09-07-2002 11:32 AM

What about an optional deep sea diver with bubbles?

feldon34 09-07-2002 11:42 AM

In a freshwater aquarium? :rolleyes:

Jim Sachs 09-07-2002 03:03 PM

Nope, just the treasure chest.

patscarr 09-08-2002 02:54 AM

Oh, and a treasure chest belongs in a freshwater setting?

I think we talked about this before, how we usually see trinkets or ornaments in freshwater aquariums and not in marine aquariums. i.e. sunken ship wrecks, deep sea divers, treasure chests, etc... Jim has always said they would never get into the marine aquarium, but since we have a treasure chest in the freshwater aquarium, why not a deep sea diver? Or a sunken shipwreck? Are these already ruled out or possible future add-ons?

BlueWinterWaves 09-08-2002 10:10 AM

I really could do without any of that stuff. When I first got into aquariums as a kid, I had a green skeleton ornament. The skeleton reclined on a rock until his skull filled up with bubbles, then he'd sit up.

I look at those ornaments now and think they're incredibly cheesy. Treasure chests aren't quite that bad, but they're cheesy too. I prefer to have completely natural settings now. But I can understand, from a "general public" point of view, that putting some sort of ornament in there makes good marketing sense. And a treasure chest seems the least obtrusive.

Jim Sachs 09-08-2002 11:29 AM

The treasure chest is about as far as I'm willing to go to satisfy popular demand. You can turn if off, but the bubbles and lid animation will actually be kind of nice.

Here's my criteria for making this decision:

The AVERAGE reef aquarium contains no toys, so mine doesn't.
The AVERAGE freshwater tank does. The reason is probably that the level of commitment to maintain a freshwater tank is so much less that it attracts a lot of amateurs. The purists (myself among them) will simply turn off the treasure chest.

IXNAY 09-09-2002 06:09 AM

I agree, a treasure chest wich can be turned off is a good way. A deep sea diver wouldn't fit I think...

Tiny Turtle 09-09-2002 01:55 PM

Hey guys, don't be mean to Pat :) – He's just a tad into deep sea divers (used to do that, didn't you?)

/Tiny Diver

Digital Lungfish 09-10-2002 02:19 AM

Quote:

I think we talked about this before, how we usually see trinkets or ornaments in freshwater aquariums and not in marine aquariums. i.e. sunken ship wrecks, deep sea divers, treasure chests, etc...
Good recall Pat, that was me that originally brought it up. As for the deep sea diver, as long as the ornaments have on/off toggles, then I'm fine with it.

patscarr 09-10-2002 09:39 AM

NAUI qualified scuba diver, card carrying member since 1985.

:) How did you know?

Tiny ESP

Tiny Turtle 09-10-2002 10:37 AM

You posted an image of an diver helmet along with some comment about that in one of your really early posts.

Tiny ESP (– I like that :))

IXNAY 09-11-2002 10:07 AM

Hehe, don't wanted to be offensive, sorry :)

Vish 09-11-2002 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Jim Sachs
No - Prolific is using the wood theme for another product.
Jim: Just curious...How does that stops you from throwing in few drift woods in fresh water aquarium of yours? Actually it should be easy then. just get it from this other product of yours...And What other product do you have with wood as theme?

Thanks

Digital Lungfish 09-11-2002 10:16 PM

Speaking of Prolific, when do they plan on showing us what they're working on? If they're working on an aquarium of sorts, I'd be curious to see how it's coming along.

Any ideas Jim? Or are you bound by the good old NDA? :)

Jim Sachs 09-12-2002 07:43 AM

NDA.

IXNAY 09-13-2002 11:01 AM

Uhm can somebody clarify what Profilic is? Is it your comapny Jim?

feldon34 09-13-2002 02:54 PM

The relationship between Prolific and SereneScreen would make a good Dear Abby column.