Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Sharks: Terrors of the Deep (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Automatic Lighting Issue (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2253)

Cuddlywolf 02-29-2004 10:57 PM

Automatic Lighting Issue

You guys have done it again. Another amazing screen saver, it will even be better before you go to version 1.0, like all your others. Anyway, I am having an issue and I wanted to know if anyone else had experienced this. When I turn off the Automatic lights and set them the way I want, they will still change automatically. I haven't been able to pinpoint this to a repeatable problem, so far it is just random.

bugsymcd24 03-01-2004 04:20 AM

Nope, I do not have this problem, try pressing the "L" key while the screen saver is running and adjusting the light with the arrow keys...

Quick Death 03-27-2004 02:50 PM

Cuddlywolf: having the same problem. Pressing L and the arrow keys do work, but after some time it goes back to being dark again. I suspect it's a bug that'll be fixed in the release.

James 03-27-2004 03:17 PM

If it unregistered version, it'll goes dark after a period of time

De Bobo Mon 03-27-2004 09:30 PM

Me Too

I have the registered version and it pretty much goes dark and stays there. It does not appear to cycle like MA, MA2, MAT do.:eek:

Cuddlywolf 03-27-2004 10:27 PM

Mine is also the registered version. I have had this same experience on a couple different systems now. I was trying to eliminate any hardware issues.

Edgar 03-28-2004 12:19 AM

Cuddlywolf and De Bobo Mon,

Please tell us the Operating System, Video Card, and DirectX version.

Note that each tank has its own settings on the lighting. Make sure you turned off autolights on both tanks.

De Bobo Mon 03-28-2004 06:31 PM

My system

Windows 2K, latest patches, SP4 etc.
NVida GeForce MX420
Direct X 8.1 (4.08.01.0901)

It starts normally but invariably goes to dark and stays there...

Thanks

Edgar 03-29-2004 08:36 AM

Does it show the message that your Shark is lonely in the dark? if it does then your keycode is not valid. You may need to contact tech support here.

De Bobo Mon 03-29-2004 07:10 PM

No Message - It operates normally other than eventually going to darkeness. I can manually bring the lighting back up with the arrow keys.

Edgar 03-30-2004 01:16 AM

De Bobo Mon and Cuddlywolf ,

I just need to know the exact settings of the lights and tank cycling.

Do you have tank cycling enabled?
What is the "Open Water" tank autolight settings and delay?
What is the "Fantasy Theme Park Reef" tank autolight settings and delay?

Make sure the delay slider is all the way to the left for both tanks.

sunny 03-30-2004 03:04 AM

i'm having the same problem too...
once i launch the sharks ss ,
my setting are:
automatic lights ... on
delay ... the shortest time
for both open water mode and fantasy theme park...
happen even on cycles the tanks...

when the ss running until the foreground lights goes dark, it will stays there..."the dark" here means i still can see the sharks swims here & there...definately no display message that "your Shark is lonely in the dark?"

this happens on both modes...

my system spec are:
win98se
nvidia tnt2
latest directx

De Bobo Mon 03-30-2004 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by Edgar
De Bobo Mon and Cuddlywolf ,

I just need to know the exact settings of the lights and tank cycling.

Do you have tank cycling enabled?
What is the "Open Water" tank autolight settings and delay?
What is the "Fantasy Theme Park Reef" tank autolight settings and delay?

Make sure the delay slider is all the way to the left for both tanks.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words (and no typos).

Edgar 03-30-2004 11:37 PM

De Bobo Mon,

Thanks for the picture. Sounds like there is a bug. I will need to reproduce on my side before I can fix it.

I will let Schnaaps add to the list to reproduce and fix.

Thanks again.

De Bobo Mon 04-03-2004 07:34 PM

Quote:

De Bobo Mon,

Thanks for the picture. Sounds like there is a bug. I will need to reproduce on my side before I can fix it.

I will let Schnaaps add to the list to reproduce and fix.

Thanks again.

One additional piece of information that may or may not be relevent. I have MA, MA2, MAT, Goldfish and Living Pond installed here. Could there be some interaction between some of these, assuming some of them have the same code base... possibly registry settings?

BBM

Cuddlywolf 04-08-2004 10:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My box is running WinXP and here are my settings.

enigma63941 07-21-2004 05:46 PM

Diddo

:( Same problem here it goes dark and stays dark :confused: .

Edgar 07-22-2004 12:19 AM

Re: Diddo

Quote:

Originally posted by enigma63941
:( Same problem here it goes dark and stays dark :confused: .
I think this bug is fixed on the MD version. I remember fixing it before we release the newest update. Please try the MD version in here and go to the bottom of the page.

enigma63941 07-22-2004 12:39 AM

Still doesn't work

I tried the MD version. I checked the box marked automatic lights and press ok. I watch the screensaver for a while and it seems the light doesn't cycle automatically. I go to check the automatic light setting and its been unchecked by itself. Now I'm not always in the dark I'm always in the light. :confused:

De Bobo Mon 07-22-2004 01:26 AM

Re: Re: Diddo

Quote:

I think this bug is fixed on the MD version. I remember fixing it before we release the newest update. Please try the MD version in here and go to the bottom of the page.
Edgar, I downloaded the MD and tried it too. I too find that the check box for automatic lighting does not stay checked. I attempted various configurations but does not appear to remain checked under any circumstances.