Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Beta 9e (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4784)

cjmaddy 02-22-2009 12:33 PM

Beta 9e

9e.... Eureka!

Jim Sachs 02-22-2009 12:38 PM

Hooray!

cjmaddy 02-22-2009 01:09 PM

Setting logo time to 0 seconds still allows the logo to flash on for a moment. Is there no way to only change the logos manually by pressing the L key?

Dale 02-22-2009 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjmaddy (Post 111243)
Setting logo time to 0 seconds still allows the logo to flash on for a moment. Is there no way to only change the logos manually by pressing the L key?

Approximation: set all logos to the maximum time alllowed.

Bigger approximation: try editing the .lst file to make the time REALLY large.

henemly 02-22-2009 01:26 PM

9e seems to be crash proof and everything works perfectly, I think.
Fast work, Jim.

ps- Make 2 or 3 png's with correct colors, offsets, set them to 0 sec-
onds, and it has a beautiful real flickering blacklight effect!

Jim Sachs 02-22-2009 01:30 PM

Cliff - Yes, I'll work on that. It hadn't occurred to me that people would want to load a bunch of logos, but only show one of them.

Dale 02-22-2009 01:36 PM

Jim, re:

"The C key switches to a clock, which plays for the remainder of the time alloted to the previous logo...."

Consider that it might be preferable to have the C key switch to a clock, which plays for some reasonable fixed interval (say 10 seconds) - and additional presses cycle through the "clocks".

That would allow people who only have logos in their list, to get a brief view of the clock/calendar.

[For really-long logo display times, the interaction of C and L is a difficult design decision]

Dale 02-22-2009 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henemly (Post 111246)

ps- Make 2 or 3 png's with correct colors, offsets, set them to 0 sec-
onds, and it has a beautiful real flickering blacklight effect!

Aha! Animated Logos.

Jim Sachs 02-22-2009 01:38 PM

Dale - You've just described the behavior of Beta9d and 9e.

Dale 02-22-2009 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Sachs (Post 111250)
Dale - You've just described the behavior of Beta9d and 9e.

Great. Obviously, I didn't do an extensive test, and missed the change of description (I just saw it in another thread).

Glad you made that change before I suggested it - timelord must have been helping out. :D

Nicki 02-22-2009 02:57 PM

I'm still getting the crash if I remove all logos and then try to add one . Should I purge the registry all all files ? Realistically nobody would ever remove all the logos , just people like me :cool:

P.S. I like to put Commodore 64 music in my playlist . There's a wicked version of the Doctor Who theme .

P.P.S. on this forum x posts in y topics - does that have any bearing on reality , lol ?

Jim Sachs 02-22-2009 04:37 PM

I'm unable to duplicate that. Are you positive your running Beta 9e? I guess it's possible that a bad Playlist entry is messing it up, but the code that I added should actually fix a bad playlist.

Ralph 02-22-2009 06:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Still not right here...
Two issues.. #1 when the logos change there is a definite pause in the scrolling of the SS and pause in the fish. If I have more than one logo.. and a clock and a calender .. have them ALL set to "0" I get each one flashing in turn... and my FPS drop to ~12 and I get real jerky fish / scrolling.
And..#2.. If I remove "altlogo.png" then add a logo.. browse to (default folder) altlogo.png and select it... in a few seconds.. the interface is replaced with the paused SS.. My screen shot shows it after I have dragged the dialog boxes around.
This was an issue at some point in the Alpha test when after making a change this would happen... That was hard to duplicate on some systems... and eventually went away

This seems to be related to making a change.. selecting / deleting a file. The same thing happens if I delete a song selection

Nicki 02-22-2009 08:00 PM

Yep , it's 9e alright . If I delete my .lst files , everything works as it should , but then after the program creates the list and I pull up the option again , it will crash . The windows box comes up , I select my logo and click open , and that is when it happens . I can't really see how my logo files would be bad since they were made on PSP according to the instructions , but I do have another computer to check this on . Unfortunately I can't do that until tomorrow , but if nobody else can duplicate this problem it might be unique to this machine .

Edit - I can add a clock to the empty list and then logos afterwards and it is fine . My logos are .png 256x256 .

Jim Sachs 02-23-2009 12:18 AM

Ralph - Your issue #1 is normal behavior. Remember, the Logolist is just a list of filenames - the actual loading of the picture takes place when it's called up. After that it's not stored, so it has to be loaded each time. On my rather weak development machine, it's able to load 256x256 PNG files in the space of a single frame. But there's a noticeable pause with a smal JPEG, and a long pause with a larger pic.

Your issue #2 is troubling. I can't duplicate it all here, but will keep trying.

Butters - I can't duplicate yours either. When you delete the list and let the program recreate it, does the new list simply consist of "SSLogo256.png, 20"?

If anyone else is able to recreate this bug, please come back with any info you might uncover.

Yodelking 02-23-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 111252)
I like to put Commodore 64 music in my playlist . There's a wicked version of the Doctor Who theme.

Now THIS is a request worth working on!! ;)
Or you just use Sidplay2w and export the SID to WAV and then convert to MP3...

In SIDPLAY:
Press "Settings", "Wav", and change how many seconds you want to record.
Press File, Save as, and change format to WAV.

/Peter

hololo 02-23-2009 01:53 AM

Beta9e on Notebook Gerforce 9200 GS Graphic problem

After I switching logo to clock, it turn back to MarineAquarium 3.0 logo in 16 seconds.

Jim Sachs 02-23-2009 01:56 AM

How did you switch to the clock - by pressing C or putting a clock in the Logolist? When you press C, the clock should be on the screen for 10 seconds. When it's in the Logolist, it's onscreen for however many seconds you set it to.

hololo 02-23-2009 01:58 AM

Pressed [C] only one time. Beta9C is no this problem.
And this Graphic Card Driver is the latest.
Beta9e in my ThinkPad X60 Intel 945GM is ok.

Jim Sachs 02-23-2009 02:16 AM

I don't know what could make it stay on for 16 seconds instead of 10. It's programmed for 10 seconds, and that's how long it is displayed on my computer.

I don't consider this a big problem, but if anyone else is seeing it, please speak up.