Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   [Bug: Unconfirmed] Bug - Microsoft Word 98 won't load properly when Beta in Windows mode (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4405)

Rosalene Bradbury 10-10-2008 11:35 PM

Bug - Microsoft Word 98 won't load properly when Beta in Windows mode

Hi,
LOVE the programme, but:

Bug 1, I am having difficulty loading Word 98 in the programme's 'Windows mode'. (Microsoft Outlook is fine by the way.) Do not have the same problem with the Goldfish or SS 2.6.

I have a two year old laptop ASUS, 420 @1.6 GHz. 384 MB of Ram (if that means anything to you)

LOVE the music too, and that one can potentially use other music also.

Bug 2 is that my computer groans - the fan comes on pretty quickly so obviously it takes a lot of grunt to run this. I don't have the same problem with the Goldfish or SS 2.6.

Bug 3 - I can add tunes to my playlist but then they don't play - the 'Canon' just keeps on going. (Lovely as it is!!!)

Bug 4 - Downloaded the software and it worked immediately, it told me I was registered, I certainly didn't have to insert a keycode. Doesn't worry me but it might you who have produced this brilliant programme.

But if the above can be sorted I will DEFINITELY be a customer.

Cheers Rosalene in New Zealand

Jim Sachs 10-11-2008 12:19 AM

If you sent Customer Service an email regarding the MS Word problem, they probably won't know what to do about it. They haven't had any more experience with the Beta than you guys have :)

If it's just slow to load, maybe MA3 is getting too many clock cycles. You can slow the program down (which will give more clock cycles to competing programs, and let the video card run cooler) by using the UP-ARROW to increase the Sleep() time within the program. The Sleep() readout is in the Statistics text in the upper left corner of the screen.
If it won't load at all, maybe it can't get enough RAM or video memory

Rosalene Bradbury 10-11-2008 01:18 AM

Thanks

Thanks Jim,
Brilliant programme really - and great to get such a rapid reply. Note that I have expanded my original letter a little.

Very best wishes,
Rosalene

Jim Sachs 10-11-2008 01:27 AM

Regarding the music not playing - I can't duplicate that here. What type of music files are you trying to load?

F34R 10-11-2008 06:35 AM

just tested it with ms word 2007, didn't have any problems with either app. I'll try and find a computer with word 98 on it to test as well.

Tiny Turtle 10-11-2008 01:17 PM

Bug 2 isn't really a bug – this is a much more complex scene for the video card to draw than Goldfish or MA2.6 so it will require more juice to run (and this will actually increase some more when Jim adds movement to the background objects).

Rosalene Bradbury 10-11-2008 06:55 PM

Thanks to you all,
I was trying to play .WAV files transferred from my Media Player Library. Suspect my main problem is that this programme needs more grunt than I have at present. I note a comment to someone else that Microsoft are no longer supporting the older editions of Office. Will have to try a later programme - sometime.

Thanks
Rosalene