Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum

Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish Aquarium 2 for Windows (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The artist finally speaks up... (https://www.feldoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2286)

edaniels 03-16-2004 07:22 PM

Sorry, Cliff; I forgot to answer your question... The idea of letting people put their own background photos into a tank doesn't exactly appeal to the control-freak in me... but I'll think about it. I can see how fun it would be to all the other control-freaks out there...

Marian, I am planning to have more gravel possibilities soon. I may stay away from white, though, because isn't that the color Jim used for Marine Aquarium?

Also, Reichart: You really had me going there... until about the seventh typo in a row; even you couldn't type THAT randomly.

(P.S. I just realized that I'm guilty of a bit of false advertising... that picture of me is about five years old, at least. It was taken a few pounds and a couple hundred grey hairs ago. I'll try to get a newer one online. Meantime, that's how I still look to myself...)

Ralph 03-16-2004 09:44 PM

Unless I have missed one there are some 40 posts in this thread and some 704 views. No one has used the "WHEN" word.
Let me be so rude..... As one of the artists do you have any insight on "when" will we get some of these additions that have been promised (over and over).

Reichart 03-16-2004 09:49 PM

Ralph, we have "promised" nothing. By phrasing it this way, it is combative and accusational. We get feedback, and based on many factors work at a pace that suits our schedule.

Tiny Turtle 03-17-2004 02:09 AM

Ralph sure use that "PROMISE" word a lot...

/Tiny Löfte

AKcrab 03-17-2004 02:23 AM

http://www.sunny1045.com/vip_mail/promise.gif

Marian Nichols 03-17-2004 05:10 AM

Yes, you are right Eric, Jim does have it in the Marine Aquarium, and it works very, very well there. But solid color gravel appeals to me the most. I know how they look in a real tank, where you have the advantage of viewing from different angles, as long as the color does not hide the beauty of the fish, and brown or orange would do that. I have always stays away from the rainbow color gravel, make me think of ‘pute’ when I see it, sorry to be so graphic, but a two tone gravel of the same color works well I think. Just a thought,:) :)

edaniels 03-17-2004 10:42 AM

Marian: I was also thinking of trying a more zen-like setting, with just black river rock. What do you think?

Ralph: Please keep in mind that there is actually only one artist working on this product, except when I'm schizophrenic. And this stuff doesn't happen quickly. But also, don't worry about pressuring me; after decades in the movie industry, I think I'm immune to it.

Just ask Reichart...

Marian Nichols 03-17-2004 11:29 AM

That could do it. I like the black in my goldfish tank almost as well as the white. I say go for it.:TU:

Ralph 03-17-2004 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Reichart
Ralph, we have "promised" nothing. By phrasing it this way, it is combative and accusational. We get feedback, and based on many factors work at a pace that suits our schedule.
You guys are quick to make a product that you can sell. No problem there, it is a business after all.. But in the build up leading to the "sale" there are lots of promises both real and implied about extra features coming SOON. One such "promise" was back in 09-30-2003 when you (Reichart) responded with
1. Q: With version 1.0 of the GA about to be released what "new" features will make it a "must do" upgrade.
A: Well…
More fish.
Fish that do more interesting things (like feeding)
More tanks, and plants, and objects.
Toys (things that have bubbles).

Then in the first part of Jan 2004
Originally posted by Reichart
Holidays tend to be a slow time for us, we push everyone to spend time with their families, but:
Sharks is very very close. Working on one last annoying bug.
MAL: A new version of MA that allows people to make their own logos is being worked on.
GA: New fish, and new background is being worked on. Don’t have a date. But I would guess end of Jan.

edaniels 03-18-2004 01:06 AM

Ralph, I think I can help clarify this. The reason Reichart can't accurately predict when there will be new features is that we artists are a wild, uncontrollable bunch. Just when we say we'll have something done by a certain date, the "muse" just ups and leaves us. Every single promise (prediction, whatever you want to call it) that Reichart has made about GA was based on information I gave him. It was information I believed at the time. And I convinced him of it. But it wasn't correct.

I think he's being protective of me when he says we're working "at a pace that suits our schedule." The truth is, he's pushing me (though nicely) every day to accomplish what you want, and if I were more reliable, you'd have it by now.

But thanks very much for the compliment; I'd much rather create a slow trickle of things that are eagerly anticipated than a flood that no one wants!

Marian Nichols 03-18-2004 05:27 AM

Quote:

we artists are a wild, uncontrollable bunch. Just when we say we'll have something done by a certain date, the "muse" just ups and leaves us.
. I can relate to that one, there will be days that I won't write on my book, it has got to be at a time when I am feeling inspire or have an idea that I must get down on paper, or in the computer. But I do not have eager patrons waiting on me. I am able to go at my own leisure. But I think I produce a better, more descriptive and imaginative story this way and one day maybe I’ll even get publish. :D

Ralph 03-18-2004 05:48 PM

Fair enough...... but you (and Jim S) have a large and waiting following that gets increasingly impatient.

Wizwad 03-18-2004 06:03 PM

So no pressure there then. ;);):D:D

Reichart 03-18-2004 07:46 PM

1. Q: You guys are quick to make a product that you can sell.
A: Thank you. And I thought we were slow.

2. Q: But in the build up leading to the "sale" there are lots of promises both real and implied about extra features coming SOON. One such "promise" was back in 09-30-2003 when you (Reichart) responded with

A: No sir, this is not a promise, this is a statement of examples of reasons people would upgrade from 1.0 to something new. All of these things are in fact being worked on, but there is nothing in here about time frame. Nor can there be (as Eric points out). Please leave your attorneys hat at the door.

feldon34 03-19-2004 12:16 AM

I hope I don't have to put a stupid banner "All posts by Jim Sachs, Reichart, Edgar, Schnaaps, edaniels, feldon28, etc. may contain forward-looking statements which may or may not reflect an existing or future product."

klyntun 03-19-2004 09:04 AM

Maybe members should accept or decline an agreement to not badger the artists beyond what they can reasonably bear (except Reichart ;) ).

Reichart 03-19-2004 09:20 AM

True, I can bear anything, but I find those that play with me often get broken. Had that problem as a kid too.

And Feldon, yes, a warning banner ( done in the style of teh waring label on a lazer) might be useful.

LOL

edaniels 03-19-2004 07:17 PM

I maybe Clint meant that the forum members shouldn't badger the artists, but that it's okay for Reichart to badger us.

(Hmmm.... badgers... another idea for a screensaver?)

edaniels 03-19-2004 07:17 PM

Make that "I think maybe..."

klyntun 03-19-2004 07:33 PM

Very diplomatic of you, Eric, but no. I meant that we should all badger Reichart because I know he likes it. Otherwise he might feel left out. :D Besides, he always has such snappy come backs.