Home Register Arcade Gallery Chatroom Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Log In
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows
Notices

Old 10-27-2020, 05:48 AM   #161
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Originally posted by IanD:
Perhaps you can clear up my confusion: does MA under Android run as an app that displays on the screen or only as a screensaver that must be called by the display management software and should not be executed directly?

I have tried running it both ways, but without success. However tablet setup can be quite complex and it is not always obvious how it should be setup for specific applications.  
It's a live wallpaper ONLY. I have installed it on multiple phones, Android TV boxes and tablets and it works flawlessly.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Ad_Enuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 12:06 PM   #162
Jim Sachs
Developer

It's just an app. Pressing the icon should start it immediately.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 11:58 PM   #163
IanD
Registered

Have had no success running MA Android Trial on Samsung Galaxy Tab A Android v10 as app, screensaver or live wallpaper: it just goes to a black screen and then after a period of time returns to the desktop with an error message that the app keeps closing.

However, I have had success running it on a cheap Tronsmart MK808b+ as an app and it looks almost as good as the Windows version (but lacks background music and the configurability of the Windows version). So now I have a small, cheap device I can use to create MA on a large screen TV. Just have to work out how to automatically launch it on power up of the Tronsmart.
IanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 02:30 AM   #164
Ad_Enuff
Registered

Have had no success running MA Android Trial on Samsung Galaxy Tab A Android v10 as app, screensaver or live wallpaper: it just goes to a black screen and then after a period of time returns to the desktop with an error message that the app keeps closing.

However, I have had success running it on a cheap Tronsmart MK808b+ as an app and it looks almost as good as the Windows version (but lacks background music and the configurability of the Windows version). So now I have a small, cheap device I can use to create MA on a large screen TV. Just have to work out how to automatically launch it on power up of the Tronsmart.  
Android 10 is the reason why it doesn't work. You need to report this to the developer on the Google Play store. They are the ones in charge of the development of the Android app version.
AMD Ryzen 5 2600X, 3600.0 MHz, 16Gb DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 4Gb RAM, Windows 10 PRO 64Bit
Old 10-28-2020, 09:36 AM   #165
Jim Sachs
Developer

I'll tell Reichart about this problem. He's still riding out the Covid thing at my castle.
Jim Sachs
Creator of SereneScreen Aquarium
Jim Sachs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:04 PM   #166
IanD
Registered

IIRC the blurb on Google Play store for the MA app mentions 64 bit app with full compatibility with Android 10.
IanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #167
Ad_Enuff
Registered

IIRC the blurb on Google Play store for the MA app mentions 64 bit app with full compatibility with Android 10.  
KNOWN ISSUES

- On Google's Android 5.0 and above, there is a Screensaver (formerly Daydream) bug that may cause apps to display a blank screen after auto-lock engages.
Go Back   Inside: SereneScreen Fan Forum > SereneScreen Products > Marine Aquarium 3 for Windows